Recover from PTSD and Trauma
start getting your life back!
Diana works with you to help you understand what PTSD is and how to work through it.
What is PTSD?
- It’s like getting stuck inside the memory of trauma.
- There can be many different symptoms of PTSD
- irritability, agitation
- numbness and a sort of “out of body” feeling
- never feeling safe or in control of yourself
- depression, anxiety
- crying, breaking down
- Awareness of triggers or feeling like you’re easily “set off”
- And many symptoms that can be unique to you and your experience of trauma
Trauma can come from different types of events and experiences
- a near death experience like a terrible accident
- witnessing an very upsetting event (vicarious traumatization)
- sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape, and other non-consensual situations
- emotional, physical, psychological abuse
- being harassed, stalked, or abused in some other way
- being in a war or other type of violent setting
- and many other upsetting and traumatizing situations that are unique to you
Diana will help you:
- understand how trauma has affected you
- set up realistic goals for your own progress
- deal with stress and develop healthy coping skills
- how to feel safe and in control again
- how to feel better and not feel demoralized
- understand how to feel calm again and use mindfulness techniques